Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bathroom Makeover

Bryce and I have lived in our home for a year now! I can hardly believe it! It seems like we just moved in! I still tell him sometimes when we are pulling in the driveway, "I love our house!" It really has been awesome to be home owners! Anyhow, we figured it was about time to make our mark on the house. I have been wanting to frame the bathroom mirror for ages and we finally got around to making it happen this week. Here are some before shots I found: 

{From the bedroom to the bathroom}
{From the hall to the bathroom}
Nothing too exciting. White walls. Gold light fixtures. I wanted to warm up the room just a bit. Tan walls. Framed mirror. New light fixtures. And, I LOVE how it all turned out!  


Cute right?!! It really feels so different. We had a lot of help to get this silly project done! My mom has been on a painting kick the last couple months so I called her to see if she could help me get it all painted. Thankfully she was willing to give up one of her evenings to come get it done. I really like the paint color. Skinny Latte. I was a bit worried it may be too dark but it looks great on the walls. Thank you, mom! Trevor was also a huge help!! He was willing to use his woodworking skills to make the mirror frame look professional. He spent a lot of time getting the glaze on there just perfect. He and Bryce spent an evening getting it all put together and up on the mirror. So pretty! It is just what I wanted! Thank you, Trevor! 


 The light fixtures were my project. I looked around and planned on just buying new ones, then I found some textured spray paint in the garage and thought I may as well give it a go and see how it would look on the lights. It was kind of a pain and it took what felt like millions of coats to get the dang gold covered up, but I really like the end product. The spray paint was a stone texture and it really does add a nice touch to the tan walls and cream mirror.

{Gold fixture}
{Final product!}
{Still a boob light but it looks great if I do say so myself}
The last shout out needs to go to Bryce. He was super patient with me and this project. We started it kind of on a whim and had to get it done quickly for a shower that I was having at our house. He spent quite a bit of time helping me and making sure things were just how I wanted them. Thanks for that, Bryce. 

The project was a fun one! I am glad we tackled it. It was good practice for the baby's room! Now I just need to decide what I want to do with it!
 

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! Also. I'm so glad that you call them boob lights too!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I will have to come see it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! How nice is it to have such handy people in your life?! LOVE the newer light fixtures, I want to touch them, well not the boob one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Kay! You need to post a pregnancy picture! I love the baby bumps!

    ReplyDelete