Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve {Gygi & Roholt}

We had a fun Christmas Eve! Bryce and I had a nice morning at home together and we headed to my mom and dads house a little later in the afternoon for the party. For years, my Christmas Eve tradition was to go to Salt Lake for a party and dinner with my mom's side of the family. Potato soup was always on the menu! This year the festivities were at my parents house. At first we were not quite sure who would be coming to the party, but the day of, we found a full house! My mom's cousin John made it, her cousin Sue and her family came, her cousin Mike and his family were there, my aunt Paula and her family came, and my grandpa also came up. Tyanna and our husbands were also there. It was fun to chat and catch up with the family!


Bryce's Christmas Eve tradition growing up was opening new pajamas and reading a Christmas story with his family. So, after my party, we headed to his. It was also a lot of fun! We had soup together then opened up pajamas. They were all so cute! Once we got all cozy, Shelli read the family The Tale of Three Trees. It is a sweet little book. Three trees are standing on a mountain top and they all have their own hopes and dreams of what they may become some day. Although it is not in a manner that they expected, they all got what they were hoping for by playing a role in the Saviors life. I really have enjoyed hearing the book the last several years. Wyatt also read us The Legend of the Candy Cane. It's a cute little book about all the symbolism behind the candy cane. It was fun to have some nice, quite time with Bryce's family. 


So, as you can see, we had another wonderful Christmas day! We are so fortunate to have family so near! We sure love them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment