Friday, December 23, 2011

Bennington {Christmas Party and Fun Story}

We had a great night tonight at the Bennington Family Christmas Party! Getting together with the Bennington's is a favorite thing. It always has been for me. I so appreciate and treasure the close relationships I have with all the Bennington family members. 

Quick story before I talk about the party. Bryce and I sold our car. Yippee! It has been on the market for about 3 months. We had someone drive it yesterday and buy it today. We sure loved our fancy red Kia, but we really think it will be smart to get into a less expensive car. Before the party, we went to drive a little Nissan Sentra that is for sale by owner out in West Haven. The kid was not home so we spoke with his dad. He gave us the keys, we took it on a little spin, and we arrived back at the house shortly to drop it back off. We got to talking to the dad (Lynn S.) and he was telling us about growing up and hunting in West Haven. I told him my family was from Roy and they have similar stories of hunting in the area. He asked me my maiden name and when I told him Bennington, I got the cutest reaction. He said he knew I looked familiar and certainly had a Bennington face! He knew my uncle Lynn quite well growing up and he knew my grandma and grandpa well too. We chatted for a bit about the Bennington family and he seemed to be quite fond of them. What a small world it is! When Bryce and I got in the truck to head to the party, I told him I am so proud to be a Bennington! I love letting people know who my family is! I love to claim Norman and Marilyn as my Grandma and Grandpa! I always get such positive feedback from people who know the Bennington family and it sure makes me grateful to know I was born in to such a great family! I shared the story with some of my family at the party and I got a little emotional after. I really am so proud of my family and the legacy they have left behind! I sure hope I am working on doing the same!! 

The party was a hit! Good food, fun gifts, Santa, and great company! I did not take too many pictures to document the occasion. I started out well...

{The YUMMY trifle I made}
{The husbands playing ball}
...But as the party got going my camera was forgotten. We all just got to visiting and I got playing with the cute babies and by the time I knew it, the party was over. My Grandma and Grandpa gave us some beautiful towels and we got a sweet lantern and a Chick-Fil-A gift card as well. All great!! We sure need the towels too! It was wonderful party! Something I always look forward to and hope we keep doing it long into the future! Yay for such a wonderful family! Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment