Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day

First off, I realized I never posted a picture of our tree:

I love our tree so much! This year we put it up a day or two before Thanksgiving! I just could not wait any longer! We loved decorating it and loved having it in our living room! Our house has a perfect Christmas tree spot right in front of the window! Oh it looked so beautiful all lit up! Ah!! How perfect it was!
This Christmas was a wonderful one! Bryce and I were spoiled everywhere we went! Originally, we had a busy day of travel all planned out so we could make the rounds and see most of our family. Funny how plans change though. We had a bit of a rough night and slept in much longer than we expected. We woke up, got ready, and headed out the door. We did not even open our gifts!! This is certainly something neither of us had ever done before. It was great though! The drive up north was beautiful and we had a wonderful time visiting with Bryce's Roholt family. We went to Gail and Clarice's house in Grace for lunch. We saw most of the aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was good to visit with them! We do not see them nearly enough!! After lunch we headed to Garland. Cole is serving a mission in Peru and he was calling home for Christmas! We made it just in time. He is doing great! I cannot believe what grand adventures he is having! The church is so true! I am glad he is out sharing it! After we talked to Cole and visited with my family, we went to Bryce's house. It was fun to see what they all got for Christmas and visit with them. We had pie and treats and it was a lot of fun! When Bryce and I finally got home we had about an hour left of Christmas to open our gifts to each other. I appreciate Bryce's constant thoughtfulness so much! He is always so kind to me! So, like always, I got quite spoiled and made myself a really good haul! I think Bryce would say the same! 

{Kaylee: jeggings, skirt, sweater, candle, necklace, yummy lotion set, makeup, a whisk, iTunes card, chocolate, gloves, headphones, 3 movies, hat/glove set, carved temple picture, earrings, and probably more!}
{Bryce: Cabelas gift card (new fishing pole and broadheads), water shoes, pearl snap shirt, t-shirt, socks, gun cleaning kit, grill box, griddle for the camp chef, tow rope, hot dog roasters, fly rod case, and probably more :)}
 We are spoiled! Thank you to everyone who took such good care of us this Christmas!! We appreciate it all! The best part of the day was seeing all our family! We sure have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment