Thursday, December 29, 2011

Birthday!

I have always kind of hated the fact the my birthday is so close to Christmas. It just is not fair. It seems it is always overshadowed by the holiday. People are busy, money is tight, and thoughts are often on other things. Now, having said that, I had a wonderful birthday this year! It was just perfect! I appreciated the time off work because I was able to be at home relaxing with Bryce. On my birthday we got to sleep in. Heavenly! Then went to get an inspection on our new car (details to come soon). We also ate pizza for lunch with my Gygi family. It was fun to get to see them. Later we came back home and did some Christmas present returning. We lost track of time and had to hurry to the store and back home so we could make my birthday cake. Bryce has taken it upon himself to make my birthday cake each year. Poppy seed cake! YUM!! He does a great job! Thanks honey! We had family over for cake and ice cream. It was fun to have them! Wyatt ended up staying the night even! Thanks, Wyatt! I was spoiled as usual!

~Some presents from Bryce~
One thing I really wanted for my birthday was to get a pedicure with my sisters and mom. Bryce and I tried to make a plan with them but the day of they all kind of bailed. I was quite bummed. To say the least. Bryce knew I was feeling kind of sad about it so while I was in the shower, he came and told me an Asian by the name of Fortune Cookie had shown up at our door and was willing to give me a pedicure. When I came out he had the living room set up with a blanket, the foot bubbler, and the fixings for a pedicure. He is so thoughtful! It was the best pedicure a girl could ever ask for!!

~Master Fortune Cookie~
~Getting ready to paint my toes~
~Husband of the Year!~
I know what you are thinking... How the heck did this girl get so lucky?!! Well, to be honest, I feel the same way all the time! 

Thank you, Bryce, for making this birthday a special one!

1 comment:

  1. I love your husband! He has got to be one of the sweetest, well just plain thoughtful, guys I know. Adam seriously needs Bryce lessons. :)I do love my husband though it just doesn't come easy to him.

    ReplyDelete