Monday, April 11, 2011

Kinda Special!

Bryce and I had a great weekend!

It started off with the Twiss wedding! Congrats Jenn and Scott! We love you guys! We went to their reception on Friday night and their sealing and luncheon on Saturday. What a beautiful wedding!

After the luncheon we headed to Idaho. First we stopped to see Bryce's grandpa Zoellner. We had not seen him for a while so it was fun to visit. We left his house with several treasures! Bryce's uncle recently passed away...his grandpa gave us several things that belonged to him. I know they will be things we will value forever! He also let us take a look around his "Antique Room." There were SO many neat things in there! Old lanterns, books, radios, stoves, roller skates, shotgun shells...the list goes on and on! We are going to get a really sweet old typewriter from him. One of the things I liked best about the room was it reminded me of a shed in the back yard of my old house. It smelled just like it! It was so fun!

Our next stop was the main event!! Bryce's grandpa Gail's house. Bryce's grandpa is a very creative and handy guy! One thing in particular that we love that he makes are coat/hat racks. We have seen several that he's made and each time Bryce has said, "I would love to have one of those from him." I figured I could help in the matter!! Bryce's birthday is this Wednesday so a couple weeks ago I called Gail and asked if he wouldn't mind taking some time to make Bryce one of his famous racks. He was so wonderful and said YES! It was a huge surprise! I got to tease Bryce about it for almost 2 weeks! He had no idea what he was in for! We got there and the rack was sitting on the front porch! I brought it to Bryce's attention as we walked up the porch. He got a huge smile! I think he knew then what was coming! We had a great visit with Gail and Clarice! They are so kind! We had cupcakes and ice cream with them! I loved getting to know them better!

Our last stop on Saturday was Riverdale Resort for some relaxing in the hot pools. We didn't stay too long because the bottom was kinda slimy and we got bored, but it was nice while it lasted.

On Sunday we went down to Roy for Kaiya's blessing. Jeremiah did a beautiful job! It was fun to see my grandparents and family and play with all the babies!

Over all, it was really a special weekend. I have not really spent a lot of time around Bryce's family so it was good for us to get to know each other a little better. We also got a lot of neat things that we will be able to cherish for years to come! We loved being able to spend so much time with each other and our family!

~Birthday Cupcakes~

~Bryce and Grandpa Gail~

~Cupcakes for Kaiya's baby blessing~

PS...I made these cupcakes with a little help from the brilliant Whitney Robbins! She is so great! Thanks for the help Whit!

1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes look amazing Kaylee!! Love it!! Sounds like a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete