Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hogle Zoo

This weekend was fall break at USU. That means that students get a long weekend, and the employees get nothin'. I was not about to let Bryce and Stratton have a full play day without me, so I took Friday off and we had a great day together. When we all got up Bryce said it was time to go somewhere. He had a plan all worked out and surprised us. We ended up at Hogle Zoo. It was a blast. The fall day was gorgeous, and it was so fun to explore the zoo together.


{The elephants were one of the first things we saw. Stratton loved them! They were easy for him to see, and quite active. This little baby was drinking water, and eating leaves off the groun. It was a fun way to start off the zoo trip!}


{I was looking for this lion the whole time we were at the zoo! It is the zoo's most classic icon. When I think Hogle Zoo, this lion pops into mind. It is no longer a drinking fountain, but I was happy to see this lion was still at the zoo. Stratton was a little less sure about the thing.}

{We liked the huge tiger we saw!}


{The giraffes were one of my favorite things. We got to see them outside and inside the building. It was fun to see them inside because we were able to go upstairs and be more on their level. They are sure tall old animals!}

{Stratton and I rode the carrousel. It was so fun. We originally tried to buy two tickets but the lady told us we only needed one. For some reason it did not dawn on me that she said we only needed one because standing parents rode free. This meant only one of us could ride. I was sad Bryce did not come with us, but we are glad someone could take our picture.}

{There was one gorilla out to see. Of course, as we tried to move to see him better, he kept moving further away from us.}
 I love days off with my family. I sure have been feeling so grateful for them lately. Bryce is the sweetest husband out there, and I swear we have the best little guy, ever! We are blessed to be able to spend so much time together. Life is good!
 

1 comment:

  1. Kay, you and your cute family are so darn adorable! Looks like you've been having lots of fun! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete