Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had a nice Easter weekend! Saturday was a long but very wonderful day. It started at 7:00 am when Bryce got home from working the night shift at Lee's and we headed out to Mendon to get our Bountiful Basket. If you don't know what that is, you are missing out! It is a basket full of fresh produce for $15. We get bread too (5 loafs for $12). It is a good deal and so yummy! When we got home, Bryce went to bed for a bit before he went fishing and I started getting ready to paint the baby's room. Washing, patching, puttying, taping, and painting! It was a big project for this little pregnant girl! I had to stop for several little breaks but I finally got the job done. I am happy with the results!

{Before}
{After}
{After}
 When Bryce got home from fishing we headed over to Tremonton. My parents were out of town so we stopped by their house to feed Ned and the chickens. Then it was on to the Easter BBQ at Bryce's folks house. It was a really fun night! We colored lots of eggs, ate yummy food, hunted eggs in the dark with our flashlights, and enjoyed visiting with each other. It was a nice evening!
 
{Our masterpiece eggs}
When we got out of bed Easter morning we had our own little festivity. I hid several eggs around the house for Bryce. Each one had a little slip of paper in it that told Bryce what he got with that egg. It was pretty simple but I sure enjoyed giggling as I watched Bryce hunt around for the eggs!
 
{Ten eggs and ten prizes}
Of course, like always, Bryce surprised me with something I have been wanting FOREVER! A no gravity lounge chair! I was SO excited when I saw it when I came into the living room! 
Thank you, honey! I love it!
 
{My new favorite piece of furniture}
The rest of our Sunday was just as good. We walked to church in the glorious sunshine, sang with the ward choir, substituted in the nursery, and visited with several neighbors as we walked back home. It really made me thankful for the life we live! I worry like crazy thinking about how we are going to make things work once our little Mr. joins our family, but it is days like yesterday that remind me life is good and we are so blessed! 

Happy Easter from the Roholts!

No comments:

Post a Comment