Monday, April 9, 2012

Conference Weekend

We had a wonderful conference weekend! It all started off with a lovely little picnic of oatmeal and grapes to watch the Saturday morning session:


I fully intended to document our entire conference weekend but it did not happen. We had a lot of fun though! We watched the Saturday morning session at our house, ran some errands, then listened to the afternoon session in the car on the way to my mom and dads house. We were meeting them so Bryce could attend the priesthood session with the Bennington boys. Priesthood session has always been a fun time. It has been a tradition for as long as I can remember that all the Bennington boys  (Grandpa, dad, uncles, cousins, and others) would go to the priesthood session together in Roy. That would leave all the girls at Grandma's to play and chat. It is fun to see how the group has changed over the years. At first, my dad and uncles were the ones going to the session. The aunts and the cousins would play all night. Now, we have new family additions and visitors going to the session as well. New cousins and babies are also around to play with. It sure is fun to see our family grow and change! 

Conference was, as always, wonderful! I got a lot out of the talks that I listened to. I especially liked the talk given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It was an inspirational weekend. I have a lot to feast on for the next couple months!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment