Monday, January 30, 2012

One Quick Regret

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be a negative venting session. I have never wanted my blog to be a place for that. It is more just the need to jot down some feelings :)

I have been on a job hunt for several months now. I love the job that I do but it is turning into more of a burden than I want right now. With me in school and a baby on the way, I need a job that is going to be stress and worry free. I need something that requires less of me.

I have been applying all over the place. I have had several great interviews. And you know what, I was offered one. It was a 20 hour secretary position at USU. When the gentleman called me to offer me the position, I just did not feel like it was the best decision for our family. The hours were great but the pay cut and lack of affordable benefits were not exactly right for our families needs. Throughout the interview process we developed a good relationship so we spoke for several minutes about options and what would be best for his office and best for me and my family. He was super kind! Even though I felt like it was a job that would totally rock, I told him I just did not feel like it was best. When we hung up, I felt like I had made the right decision. 

Right now, I have regrets about the decision. Right now, I am wondering how it was possible for my brain to think 20 hours at a slow pace secretary job was not 100 times better than 40 hours at a fast pace admissions office job. Right now, I wish I was packing up my admissions office and heading over to the ag building.

Well...if wishes were fishes right?!! There is not much to do about it now. Bryce has been so supportive and I appreciate his kindness and patience through all the job madness. We know something will come along!

On that note, PLEASE keep your ears and eyes open for possible job opportunities! I am looking for something that is 30 hours with benefits. Haha isn't everyone right now?! If you hear of anything good put in a good word for me and let me know!! 
Thanks all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaylee! I saw that you posted something on your blog on facebook. I work and Conservice (they're always advertising at the USU games about jobs) and they are always hiring. It's a utility billing company. They have positions that are part time (30 hours) and are pretty flexible with school. They also provide benefits, but not until you've worked there 6 months. If you have any questions about it, feel free to text or call me (435) 230-4107. I LOVE working there and it is a great company to work for.

    ReplyDelete